As a Data Science Engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing and building high performance, scalable solutions for large volume data ingestion, clean-up, and processing that meet the needs of millions of vessel locations, ports, cargoes, weather, and other marine statistics. You’ll design, develop, and test robust, scalable microservices, Spark Streaming Applications, and RESTful web services.
You’ll be a self-organized member of a team of talented engineers and collaborate with product managers and designers to help implement and execute new products and features. We are searching for a Data Science Engineer who has a solid understanding of the conceptual framework that underlies Data Science; an in depth knowledge of methods, tools, techniques. The right candidate will be a ‘master’ of data science!
About OFE: We help teams in the dry bulk and tanker ocean transportation industry to optimize their ship chartering process. Founded in 2015, we quickly grew to a team of 25 teammates and attracted investment from top venture capital firms and famous individuals. We recently raised a $3.3M seed round to expand operations.
- Cleaning data for use in predictive analytics
- Normalizing data using linear regression techniques
- Developing analytics dashboards to be used by our end users
- Ingesting data from various data sources, and creating API products to expose and resell this data.
- Developing new algorithms
- Maintaining and enhancing our existing data science learning tool sets and operational software suites
- Graduate or Bachelor level degree in a quantitative field - CS, EE, Statistics, Math
- Strong background and proven industry experience in software development
- Experience with machine learning, NLP, modeling, prediction, neural networks
- Collaboration – you have great collaborative skills, as well as the ability to work well independently and self-directed
- Strong coding ability in Python and familiarity with R
- Analytical, inquisitive, adaptable, think beyond the normal shaped box!
- Linux development experience
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform and AWS
- Current experience using R and/or python
- Current experience using SQL/no SQL platforms, and Apache products (NiFi, kafka,Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Current experience developing RESTful web services
- Current experience high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (Kafka, Akka, reactive)
- Current experience developing and deploying applications to public cloud (AWS
- Experience developing and deploying on linux/unix platforms
- Ability to build prototypes for new features that will delight our users and are consistent with business goals
- Ability to iterate quickly in an agile/scrum development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit