Ocean Freight Exchange is the world-leading, AI-driven marketplace transforming the $1.3 trillion bulk shipping industry by optimizing ship chartering processes between ship owners, charterers and brokers. We are backed by the top venture capital firms including Corigin, NextView (the Co-Founder of Linkedin), Accomplice, and Foundation Capital (an early investor in both Uber and Netflix). We are the 1st place winner in the Singapore government's Pier71 technology competition 2018. Come see what it's like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people (including software architects and data scientists in areas of NLP and Deep Learning) who understand and respect what you do.
The Sr. Full Stack Engineer will be responsible for building and extending our APIs and services for our mobile/desktop web applications and native iOS/Android applications. If making a difference in the world while working with fascinating technologies is your kind of fun, then you would love working at Ocean Freight Exchange.
- Responsible for REST-oriented architecture supporting a variety of APIs, web applications, and devices
- Be an exemplary consumer of your own services as you create intuitive and robust user interfaces for our mobile/web applications while working closely with other service consumers such as our native mobile applications
- Design and code new application features and functionality, writing APIs, scalability, and maintainability improvements
- Engage in technical planning to influence the direction of the company's optimization infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience (Master’s degree in CS preferred)
- 5+ years experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on APIs and web applications
- Production experience working with scalable/distributed systems
- Strong experience of Python, PHP,ƒ object-oriented programming, design patterns, and frameworks
- Experience designing REST APIs and implementing oAuth2 security protocol
- Solid foundation in any of MySQL, MongoDB, postgreSQL, dynamodb and NoSQL databases
- Experience using Git
- Experience with Asynchronous programming
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Github, Gitlab, Jira, Jenkins)
- Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team
- Ability to develop, maintain and optimize secure and highly scalable multi-tier web applications
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with Microservices technologies like Docker/Kubenetes
- One additional language and web framework (Go, PHP, Ruby, Java)
- Strong experience using Search Engine technologies (Solr/Elasticsearch)
- Experience using Redis
- AWS (EC2, Route53, SNS, SQS)
- CDNs (Cloudfront, Akamai)
- Pair programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn
- Work with a team of experienced and dedicated developers in the creation of our next innovation platform
- Challenge yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced and constantly changing start-up environment.
- Exposure to exciting new platforms and high scalability technologies
- Make a difference as you watch your work change the lives of others
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Sr. Full Stack Engineer".