Ocean Freight Exchange is the world-leading, AI-driven marketplace transforming the $1.3 trillion bulk shipping industry by optimizing ship chartering processes between ship owners, charterers and brokers. We are backed by the top venture capital firms including Corigin, NextView (the Co-Founder of Linkedin), Accomplice, and Foundation Capital (an early investor in both Uber and Netflix). We are the 1st place winner in the Singapore government's Pier71 technology competition 2018. Come see what it's like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people (including software architects and data scientists in areas of NLP and Deep Learning) who understand and respect what you do.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building and implementing infrastructure tools, automating the deployment pipeline, and working with development teams to help build scalable services and software.
Ocean Freight Exchange is looking for an experienced, motivated, devops-minded software engineer to join us in maintaining and improving our innovative platform.
Team motto: Standardization, Virtualization, Automation, and Documentation.
- Interface with engineering teams to understand code changes, assess risk and ensure best practices for operational tasks
- Be strong in troubleshooting technical issues, communicating and documenting procedures, and recommending architectural changes if necessary
- Provide adequate response to error alerts, ensure proper monitoring implementation and provide solutions to ensure 100% site up time
- Participate in on-call rotation duties for emergency operations
- Be flexible, be team-oriented, have good communication skills, be generally pretty awesome
- Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience (Master’s degree in CS preferred)
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Fluent in a programming language (Python and Java is a plus)
- Must be able to directly communicate with developers on specifications and architecture required to support numerous project/features
- Experience with CDNs (Akamai, Edgecast, Cloudfront, etc)
- Experience with Redis, memcached, event-driven architectures and NoSQL stores
- Familiar with SQS, SNS, SES, RabbitMQ
- Very comfortable with Agile/Scrum, Microservices, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- MySQL, MongoDB are required (postgreSQL, dynamodb, NoSQL and Elasticsearch are pluses)
- Able to discern a network issue vs a system issue
- Proficient with deploying and managing systems utilizing Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, AWS/Google Cloud
- Proficient with Git (Gitlab/Github)
- Knowledgeable with Red Hat package management (rpm and yum, building rpms)
- Able to dissect an existing application stack and convert the configuration of the system and application into an automated process
- Knowledgeable about monitoring tools (AppDynamics or New Relic) metrics for performance and building dashboards
- Experience with two-factor authentication, OpenVPN, oAuth2 security protocol, automated security vulnerability and configuration scans
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Pair programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn
- Work with a team of experienced and dedicated developers in the creation of our next innovation platform
- Challenge yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced and constantly changing start-up environment.
- Exposure to exciting new platforms and high scalability technologies
- Make a difference as you watch your work change the lives of others