Ocean Freight Exchange is the world-leading, AI-driven marketplace transforming the $1.3 trillion bulk shipping industry by optimizing ship chartering processes between ship owners, charterers and brokers. We are backed by the top venture capital firms including Corigin, NextView (the Co-Founder of Linkedin), Accomplice, and Foundation Capital (an early investor in both Uber and Netflix). We are the 1st place winner in the Singapore government's Pier71 technology competition 2018. Come see what it's like to take on extraordinary transformations every day, in an environment buzzing with smart people (including software architects and data scientists in areas of NLP and Deep Learning) who understand and respect what you do.
The QA Engineer is responsible to create and implement quality best practice processes and maintain test automation frameworks, and develop tools to ensure we deliver optimal end user experience for our products. At Ocean Freight Exchange, our team always strives to think outside of the box, be innovative and have lots of fun while developing solutions from the ground up that contribute directly to the success of the company, As QA Engineer, you will effectively represent the QA team and develop relationships across multiple internal groups while contributing to customer satisfaction through quality delivery.
We are looking for creative and skilled people who are passionate and motivated to help deliver quality products.
- Responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality for both internal and external products
- Practical or academic knowledge of quality assurance methodologies; Ability to contextualize solutions and arguments as intelligent practices for Agile Scrum is preferred;
- Advising teams on how to deliver high quality software products;
- Helping teams meet commitments, through analysis and development in test, while ensuring a focus on quality;
- Working with Product Owners to ensure stories have the required level of detail and user acceptance criteria;
- Developing test plans and test cases from stories
- Developing test scripts based on user acceptance criteria and thoughtful examination of architecture and design;
- Participating in live support response and regression improvement.
- Comfortable with Agile, Microservices, Test Driven Development and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Perform software verification utilizing numerous testing methodologies (regression, stress, etc)
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline
- Experience in Web and App software testing and functional testing coordination within scrum
- Experience with one of the automated testing suites
- Exceptional knowledge of Automation Frameworks (e.g. TestNG, Selenium, and JUnit)
- Innovative problem-solving skills and a strategic thinker who can really understand issues at hand, as well as understand the business and key drivers for success
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with testing both open source and enterprise technologies a plus
- AWS a plus
- Pair programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn
- Work with a team of experienced and dedicated developers in the creation of our next innovation platform
- Challenge yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced and constantly changing start-up environment.
- Exposure to exciting new platforms and high scalability technologies
- Make a difference as you watch your work change the lives of others